Our client is a food industry association whose mandate is to drive positive change by enabling collaboration between retailers and manufacturers. One of their initiatives is focussing on food safety; a key priority of the team is the harmonisation of food safety practices and certification programmes.
As the Technical Officer you will support the work of the Senior Technical Managers.
• Support the management of the Technical Committee, working groups and stakeholder engagement on initiatives, including candidate selection and management of logistics.
• Ensure the administration of the assessment process of Food safety Certification Programme Owners against benchmarking requirements.
• Support the collection and analysis of performance data.
• Confirm and monitor the budget, including management of invoicing and the PO system.
• Support communication activities, liaising with the team and the wider communication team to ensure enquiries are dealt with promptly, whilst also contributing to developing communication and marketing material to promote the organisation.
• Provide technical support to the Senior Technical Managers.
• Experience in food production, food safety management
• Practice/knowledge of handling virtual meetings, project management, CRM tools and online surveys
• Graduate in food safety / food science
• Excellent oral and written communication in English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that tight deadlines are met
• Self-motivated and pro-active
• Strong interest in food safety and compliance
• Excellent organisational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Team player with strong intercultural skills
• Excellent command of MS pack office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)