As an importer of a variety of prestigious brands from across the world, our client supplies a range of speciality foods into the retail, wholesale and food service sectors. The business is going through a dynamic time of change and development, with more exciting expansion plans in the pipeline.
- To work with and support the Senior Technical Advisor in ensuring Food Safety compliance within the business.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure Food Safety and Product labelling compliance in accordance with regulations, customer and business requirements.
- Efficiently handle and manage all customer complaints liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Make warehouse internal inspections
- To assist with technical training of relevant staff ensuring full understanding of all Food Safety, Quality and Legal requirements and Internal Processes and Procedures.
- To assist with implementation and maintenance of the BRC accreditation.
- To assist with the management and auditing of the HACCP process.
- To carry out internal and external supplier audits, where necessary.
- Work closely with warehouse to ensure highest possible standards of hygiene and food safety procedures are followed.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure that all product labels and artwork are compliant with existing legislation.
- Action customer requests related to product details in a timely manner.
- Collaboratively work with suppliers to ensure Product Specifications are completed and assist where necessary.
- To assist with Artwork Approval Process from start to finish.
- Represent and work from a Technical perspective on NPD/EPD
- Degree in a Food related subject
- Experience of UK Labelling Compliance.
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and IT fluency.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and be able to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team