Are you a Senior Buyer looking for a new opportunity? A new vacancy for a Senior Buyer has become available at our client based in London who are a passionate and creative organisation.
You will need to utilise your buying expertise through a category buying approach across the supply base that delivers optimum products and solutions to achieve the wider business objectives. Deliver best in class buying execution, build expertise in Core Product Categories, manage and develop the supply base and develop their functional buying capability.
- Manage supply base and work with colleagues to ensure the required quality, price, and service standards are met or always exceeded
- Ensure that all buying activities are carried out in line with company strategy, policies and procedures
- Negotiate contract terms (e.g. pricing, rebates, promotional support, exclusivity etc) with the designated suppliers to achieve optimum commercial benefit and ensure that the commercial interests of the business are secured and protected
- Manage and lead category reviews to deliver continuous improvement in product range, quality and pricing
- Manage and lead the assessment and evaluation of suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement
- Work with Head of Procurement on development of ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement whilst meeting the demands of the company and customers
- Write and maintain a category plans to support the branded growth agenda for the business
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on company operations
- Lead Buying strategy to support the branded growth agenda
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, materials and initiatives and advise of impact of change on company operations.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials by undertaking research on new suppliers in line with company and customer guidelines
- Lead meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the company meeting customer demands or where there are supply capacity concerns
- Significant experience at Buyer / Senior Buyer level, with a track record of strategic supplier management
- Experience of working under pressure
- Educated to degree level or above
- Numerate, literate, with intermediate IT skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong and clear communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Basic appreciation of, and the requirement for Food Safety, Food Quality and Customer Audit Compliance
Ref Code: W40944
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Chantelle Masih to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.