Our client is a successful, dynamic business supplying a vast range of chilled and ambient products into a well-known blue chip and international company base. Despite their fast moving pace and busy environment, this is a friendly and family oriented place to work, with the promise of training and development to progress your career.
Delivering new products & customer launches to market as part of a team, through:
• Driving the development of products from chef handover to launch taking into consideration cost, market trends, microbiological hazards, customer profile, ease of processing, travel, packaging and testing
• Ensuring the ingredient/product information is accurate, up-to-date and consistent across different ingredients and suppliers in the online NPD system
• Ensuring ingredient specs are completed on time in full by our suppliers
• Creating manufacturing specifications and generating other required reports using the NPD system
• Building relationships with the manufacturers, understanding their capabilities
• Generating/formatting/checking information for product labelling in accordance with current legislation
• Proof reading of artwork against pack copies ensuring consistency
• Liaising and communicating with the manufacturers, other members of the NPD team, ops team, technical team and account managers throughout the development and launch process
• Attending factory trials and product launches at various locations across the UK and Ireland
• Assisting in the sourcing new ingredients where appropriate
• Investigating new food trends and competitor activity
• Food science or nutrition degree
• Previous experience in an NPD role
• Specification management/artwork proofing with an FMCG food company
• Knowledge of UK labelling legislation
• High attention to detail and the ability to manage your own time
• An innovative foodie with a passion for cooking
• Confident with presenting to customers and suppliers in person
Boxes marked * are required
We have a little news...
From this month, CPA Recruitment will be renamed The People Co. Same People, same great service & same focus on food & consumer goods.
This is what we looked like...
This is us from now on...