Our client, a leading food manufacturing company located in the Owensboro region, is looking for a Director of QA to join their dynamic team.
What we are looking for you to do:
- Carry out QC policies, procedures, and directives in the development of and compliance with company, customer, and government expectations while providing feedback and required follow up to ensure proper corrective action.
- Guide the plant's SQF certification program
- Perform customer audits and annual SQF audits
- Develop and maintain HACCP plan and train plant personnel on quality programs.
- Communicates to USDA regarding preoperational or operational inspections
- Develop and maintain quality control systems/programs such as Pest Control, Self-Inspection, Supplier Management, Safety, Microbio Testing and Defense.
- Conduct pre-shipment review, CCP’s, validation studies, report on deficiencies for GMP’s, HACCP and SSOP’s. Perform microbiological tests on finished products, environmental and direct food contact surfaces.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Direct inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Investigate and responds to Customer complaints. Implement changes (if necessary) and write corrective actions for complaints.
- Work with Plant manager and Sanitation manager to ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance of facility, equipment, and grounds.
- Work with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased product, associated equipment and materials meet established quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited College or university
- 5+ years of quality control experience; in a food-manufacturing environment
- HACCP Certified (preferred)
- SQF Certified (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
What we will offer:
- An attractive salary, health benefits.
- An amazing opportunity to grow your career with a leading food company.
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high potential food company, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format - and don't forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume!