Our client is a leading food company looking to bring on board a Cost Accountant in Waterloo, ON.
What we are looking for you to do:
- Work with Product Development and Operations to develop cost estimates and BOM’s for new products and modifications to existing products
- Set up new items and BOMs in Laguna and review and modify existing BOM’s as necessary.
- Compare actual costs to standards and estimates and analyze variances
- Development, maintenance, and gate keeper of production standards
- Ongoing review and maintenance of overhead and labour application rates
- Assist in month/year end close as needed
- Analysis of inventory and product costing
- Assist Operations in development and measurement of cost-saving initiatives.
- Weekly, monthly, Ad Hoc reporting of key operational numbers vs targets and prior years
- Assist IT Manager with deployment of IT Assets and minor break-fix support in the Waterloo location.
- Update and maintain Operation and Logistics files.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum 5+ years of financial analyst experience in manufacturing
- Working towards or a designated CPA
- Food Manufacturing experience considered an asset
What we will offer:
- An attractive salary, and healthcare package
- An amazing opportunity to grow your career with an industry leader
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high potential food company please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume! We look forward to hearing from you.